The Art of Leading and Succeeding in the 21st Century
On any given day of the week more than two billion people connect with the world through the power of internet technology. As business owners and more importantly change agents, one pervasive question that continues to arise is, “How do we stand out in a crowded market place?”
In order to attain game changer status, it is critical to avoid the natural proclivity to mimic what is currently being produced within your industry. The race to success has led many leaders off the path of authenticity, and creativity merely to attain an empty trophy called notoriety.
I believe what will be required for the next generation of influencers is to answer the call to servanthood. We have the courage to lead without any guarantee of success. We step out in faith rather than dwell in disbelief. We challenge the status quo instead of remaining content with a lack of commitment. We conduct business with pure motives, giving freely without expecting anything in return. We are others centered, not ego smitten.
This driving force of greatness builds legacy using five keys of leading and succeeding: Inspire, Instruct, Influence, Impart and Impact.
1) Inspire - The power to breathe new life into the hearts and minds of those following your lead. It is derived from the sweet nectar of doing what you love irrespective of earning one ounce of income from your efforts.
2) Instruct - Many visionary leaders struggle with providing clear and distinct directions to those under their command. In the words of Albert Einstein, “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it precisely.”
3) Influence - What type of leader do you aspire to become known as, brilliant or tyrant? Who you are is more important that what you do. Contrary to popular belief your greatest asset is in your name not your bank.
4) Impart - In today’s fast paced dash to the finish line many have forgotten the art of depositing value before withdrawing interest. Over 80 % of first time communications that I receive from an individual on social media is self-serving. They typically, want to know if I will purchase an item, complete a survey, sign up for a free coaching call with a hidden pitch waiting in the wind or participate on an upcoming project without ever inquiring about what currently matters most to me. Simply stated, “Build before you beg.”
5) Impact - As you seek to become a value focused leader, understand that to whom much is given much will be required. You were created to impact nations for good and not evil. Your resolve to be a beacon of light will radiate limitless possibilities to numerous souls who otherwise may never believe.
Lastly, “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” –Antoine de Saint-Exupery
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Kristie Kennedy is a Licensed Image Enhancement Consultant, Certified Women’s Worth and Wellness Expert, who provides confidence and clarity coaching to female leaders, executives and business owners who are exhausted from being the world’s best kept secret, ready to claim center stage as the leading lady of their own life, powerfully shift in mind and magnificently shine.
She is skilled in four areas of personal development: mindset mastery, massive momentum, magnetic messaging and potential maximization. Ms. Kennedy has a passion for helping leaders who have reached a plateau with the ability to turn their cants into cans and their dreams into plans. Her life is a testament that you can shift from mediocrity to magnificence one bold step at a time. For more information visit: www.kristiekennedy.com